Asst Director, Risk Management & Data Protection
Job no: 502497
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Management / Specialist Positions, Corporate Positions, Singapore - East
As a thought and practice leader in the early childhood care and education field, NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited (NFC) has been partnering working families to fulfil the promise of young children since 1977. We believe that every child, from every background, deserves equal opportunity to enjoy a quality early education for a good start in life.
The NFC portfolio of pre-school brands comprises: My First Skool, The Little Skool-House International, and The Caterpillar’s Cove. We also support the development of the early childhood sector through The SEED Institute, while afterschool by NTUC First Campus provides school-based student care to support working families.
At NFC, our vision is to be a thought and practice leader in the sector and provides equal opportunity for every child to receive a holistic and quality early childhood education. Adopting a growth mindset and constantly innovating in our approach are simply Our Way of Life. We look for like-minded individuals to join us and be part of this experience.
Supports the business objectives of strategic growth, enhanced customer experience, improved risk management and operational efficiency.
Improve risk management by supporting the Risk Management Committee in managing the Strategic, Operational, Reputational and Financial Risks of the First Campus Group of companies.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Regularly reviewing internal risk policy and ensuring compliance with new legislation
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training on risk management principles and raising awareness of risk within organization
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective development and implementation of Risk policies, PDPA Governance, procedures and compliance to legislation.
- Designing monitoring systems to maintain level of risk below established threshold
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Manage the regular review and improvements to business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and ensure adequate insurance coverage
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals, to mitigate risk for the organization.
- Undertake the appointment of Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the First Campus Group of companies.
Duties and resources for DPO as detailed in https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/overview-of-pdpa/data-protection/business-owner/data-protection-officers
- Supporting resources from GCS ( First Campus) in the administration of Risk Management Committee (management) meetings and Audit Risk Committee (Board) meetings.
- Extensive risk management and governance experience (minimum 10 years) which includes definition and implementation of operational and business risk management related policies and procedures
- Experience in handling & monitoring PDPA activity (including training & business engagement)
- Good to have Regulatory Compliance / Compliance experience
- Experience in drafting out policies and procedures
- Experience in product governance, development, control with strong understanding of risk control framework and operational risk management.
- Sound / Strong stakeholder management, coupled with proven track record of managing change
- Sound influencing skills with excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with both internal and cross functional stakeholders with a proven ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Experience managing and working confidently and effectively collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of risk policies and procedures
- Consummate team player with a positive, pragmatic, flexible and creative approach.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to roll up your sleeves with a small team to meet Organization’s objective
- Evidence of the ability to support, manage and coach the team to achieve organization's objectives and as well as individual's career development
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; analyze situations, define key objectives, and develop strategies and action plans to ensure successful results for the business.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and write clearly and effectively at a high level; excellent ability to communicate direction and collaboratively align diverse organizations.
- Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Bachelor Degree
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend