Learning Support Educator
Job no: 510047
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Singapore - East, Singapore - West, Singapore - North, Singapore - North East, Singapore - Island wide, Singapore - South, Singapore - Central, Specialists Positions
- Work with the therapists, pediatrician and psychologist, teachers, parents and principals to discuss child’s learning needs and to profile learning needs of children to be referred
- Support teacher to support children with learning and developmental needs within classroom setting
- Screen children referred for learning and developmental issues by teachers in ordinary preschool setting
- Present screening outcome to clinical team during case filter meetings.
- Design IEP and provide packages to children with mild developmental needs
- Follow through with IEP goals after therapist team completed their therapy.
- Provide in class support and ensure that therapy goals are embedded into the classroom curriculum as much as possible.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Degree in Early Childhood or Degree in Psychology
- 3-5 years early childhood teaching experience(additional experience in EIPIC or Special Education setting is an advantage)
- Have significant interest in mainstream inclusion and implementation of early intervention strategies.
- Training in Sped or early intervention methodologies is an added advantage
- Passionate about teaching preschoolers in different contexts and situations with the view to enhance and motivate their interest to learn
- Good communicator and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have initiative and ability to work independently and yet be a good team player
- An organized and systematic worker
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend