Development Support Specialist
Job no: 508686
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Singapore - East, Singapore - West, Singapore - North, Singapore - North East, Singapore - Island wide, Singapore - South, Singapore - Central, Specialists Positions
The DSS will be assigned to either one, or a cluster of My First Skool (MFS) preschool centres identified to require further support, beyond existing Child Support Services Programmes, such as Development Support-Learning Support (DSLS), DS-Plus, Inclusive Preschool Programme (INSP), or Co-Classroom Facilitator (CCF).
- Support close to 15 children in her caseload (These children are either attending EIPIC (dual schoolers), waiting to join EIPIC (waitlisters) or children who are waiting for clinical assessments.
- Collaborate, communicate and work closely with different stakeholders (MFS cluster principals, teachers, In-House Therapist team, parents, EIPIC schools and external therapists)
- Work closely with interventionists and therapists from EIPIC schools, MFS teachers and In House therapist to craft out functional Individualised Education Plans (IEPs) goals for dual schoolers and children who are waiting for EIPIC (waitlisters)
- Work closely with class teachers to provide in classroom support for dual schoolers and waitlisters and guide teachers with creative differentiated instructions (modification, adaptations) for the dual schoolers and waitlisters to help them integrate better in a mainstream classroom.
- Share strategies/ resources for teachers to implement in the classroom to support the child/children with learning needs.
- Review IEP (from EIPIC where appropriate) with different stakeholders and build the bridge between EIPIC and center teachers and provide a termly progress report with teachers’ observation inputs and for the cases
- Support principals and teachers in engaging parents of children who may not have been assessed or gone for hospital referrals and sharing classroom strategies to support teacher in managing needs of children who are waiting for assessment.
- Experienced Senior Learning Support Educator (with 5 years of experience), or Individual with ADESN (Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention), (Bachelor or Advanced Diploma in Special Education) and more than 2 years working in EIPIC and/or ECE background
- Good communicator and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Has good observation skills, resourceful, confident and responsible
- Able to guide, demonstrate and coach teachers
- Efficient in planning, organized and reliable for timely report submissions
- Has good initiative, an independent worker and a good team player
- Adequate knowledge in identifying various learning needs (e.g GDD, ASD, ADHD)
- Has significant interest in mainstream inclusion and implementation of early intervention strategies.
- Passionate about teaching preschoolers in different contexts and situations with the view to enhance and motivate their interest to learn
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend