Executive, Child Enabling Unit
Job no: 507915
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Administration / Operation Positions, Singapore - East, Singapore - West, Singapore - North, Singapore - North East, Singapore - Island wide, Singapore - South, Singapore - Central
This role serves as a bridge between children and their low-income families by connecting them with social services and support in the area near their residence or pre-school.
The roles of the Child Enabling Executive will be but not limited to
• Follow up on the identified children’s well-being and progress which could include irregular attendance, hygiene etc.
- Investigate the causes for the child/ children’s neglect.
• Foster ties with the families to be their pillar of support as well as the contact point at the centres for assistance beyond childcare needs.
- Encourage families to participate in MFS’ parent engagement activities
- Assist with documentation for higher subsidies.
• Manage Good Parenting Behavior Reward Scheme
- Agree on shared goals with families of identified children
- Collate family’s participation in MFS’ parent engagement activities
• Seek localized community resources
- Attend case conferences.
- Form a network of local partners such as FSCs, Social Service Offices (SSOs) etc .
• Report to Child Enabling Unit and update Principals on the flagged out cases.
• Flag cases to determine if home visits are required.
• Outcome Assessment
• Any other duties assigned by Reporting Officer.
The coverage will be but not limited to a cluster of My First Skool centres (min 2).
- Diploma and above (Sociology, psychology, social work, ECE preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in social or supporting low-income families in the preschool sector
- Emotional Resilience
- Good spoken and written English
- Dialect is a bonus
- Mature and independent worker
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend